CAVITY WALL INSULATION COST
Government schemes such as the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) give households help with insulation and heating packages including cavity wall insulation.
How can I get insulation for free?
These days, we're all concerned about saving energy because lower energy bills mean lower household bills that help the money go just that little bit further. Government schemes such as the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) give households help with insulation and heating packages including cavity wall insulation. If your house is currently not insulated and it meets the government's criteria, you could qualify.
The Energy Saving Trust estimates that an annual saving of £250 can be achieved on an average detached house in the UK.
What is cavity wall insulation?
About 35% of heat loss from UK homes takes place through external walls. Most homes built after 1920 have twin exterior walls with a narrow cavity between them. You can tell from the pattern of the brickwork or the thickness. Filling the space between the exterior and interior walls will reduce the heat loss and, therefore, energy consumption.
Do I qualify?
- So if your house was built after about 1930, there's a good chance it has a cavity wall and, therefore, qualifies for a grant.
- You also have to live permanently in the property where the work will take place, and if you are a tenant, you must have the landlord's permission.
- -Don't start work before you apply, you won't be eligible if you do.
How Does it Work?
The installer will drill some small holes about one metre apart along your outside wall and then blow the insulation material into the cavity. The holes are then made good with a range of colour dies that match the joints in the brickwork. We use a colour mix cement for a smooth or rough texture on rendered properties.
You won't notice the difference!
What is the Energy Companies Obligation?
It's broken down into three components:
- The Carbon Emissions Obligation covers all UK homes. It is there to promote the free installing of energy saving measures such as loft and cavity wall insulation.
- The Carbon Saving Community Obligation targets low-income and deprived rural areas and encourages energy saving measures and the setting up of district heating systems
- The Home Heat Cost Reduction Obligation aims to improve the ability of low-income areas and vulnerable homes to improve their heating.
Help is available to get cavity wall insulation done. It's easy to carry out and saves you money in the long term. Book a survey today to see if we can do it for you.
Customer Reviews ...
Cavity wall extraction and insulation. Carl and his team were fantastic! They sorted all the grant funding, they turned up to survey the building on time, they arrived to do the work on time, they completed the works with no mess and talked me through the whole process. They even squeezed into the attic void to get a small section to ensure the job was 100% right. What more could you ask for!
- Customer in Hassocks